The Liebster Award is an award that is passed from blogger to blogger in order to help readers— just like you— find new and enticing blogs to follow! In all honesty, the first time I saw this award name, I was confused why I was being nominated for a Lobster award!
I would like to thank the blogger who nominated me, Alex from head2toe. I am a fairly new blogger who started in December 2015. This has been a wonderful journey and I would like to thank all my lovely readers who motivate me to keep writing.
Here is the award!
Alex asked me the following questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I have always been an avid reader since my childhood and that compelled me to write too. When I was younger, I wrote short stories and several poems but I grew out of the habit after middle school. Now that I am in college, I realized that writing is a dream that I don’t want to lose touch with just because I don’t have time. You have to make time for the things you love. WordPress seemed like the perfect outlet for me to express my thoughts, so here I am!
2. What do you do in your free time?
For one, I blog. When I am not doing that, I watch a lot of Netflix (more than I am proud to admit), spend time with friends and family, try new activities in town, try new foods, indulge in a good book, and do some photography.
3. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Blogging as a whole is a thrilling experience. But my favorite aspect of it would have to be reading other blogs, seeing the world through their eyes, living their experiences vicariously, and being inspired. That spark when you have ideas on your next post cannot be replicated by anything else.
4. What inspires you?
Reading something with a lot of vivid imagery or depth that makes you want to reevaluate your own life, good poetry, and nature.
5. Is there a specific thing you like to blog about?
I like to dabble in a lot of different directions just so I can interest a vast array of readers from different backgrounds. I usually tend to write more about the latest celebrity and TV show trends.
6. Who is your favorite TV/movie series character?
I am currently binge watching 5 shows. So hmm… this is a tough one. It would probably be Erin Silver from 90210.
7. What are your favorite foods to snack on?
I am a proud health freak so anything with fruits, nuts, or vegetables will make my day. On the days I am more vulnerable or just straight up grumpy, Ferrero Rocher and any flavor of ice cream.
8. Are you a coffee or tea person?
I drink green tea after every meal because it tastes good and has several health benefits. I also enjoy Earl Grey black tea and lemon tea. When I need something to keep me up, coffee does the trick but I try not to make it a habit.
9. Is this your first blog or have you had others?
This is my first blog, but maybe in a few years I may decide to expand. You will just have to wait and see!
10. Are you happy with your blog?
Yes, definitely. One More Shot Please is slowly gaining exposure but I am content as it is now too. I love my readers more than anything. They never let me feel like I am wasting my time or am not talented. It is for them that I strive to make every post better than the previous one.
10 random facts about myself:
1. I am left-handed.
2. My zodiac sign is Cancer.
3. My favorite cuisines are Mediterranean and Indian.
4. I have been to 10 different schools until college.
5. Every member of my family has a different last name. None of us are adopted.
6. My favorite drinks are fruit infused water and green tea.
7. I do not drink any kind of soda.
8. I read all the twilight book series in 3 weeks when I was in the 6th grade.
9. Ranveer Singh and Kareena Kapoor are my favorite Bollywood actor and actress.
10. My favorite genre of music is rock.
I would like to nominate the following blogs (in no particular order):
1. Chelsea, from Persistent Positivity
2. Lydia, from A lot from Lydia
3. Shauna, from the FLAVORED word
4. Senatus, from multilingualshades
5. Rudy, from Rudy’s Ruminations
6. Michael, from appropriatef*cks
8. Leah, from travel.taste.create
9. Leighann, from Living Free, Loving Life, Laughing Hard
10. kiwinana, from Ramblings of a Writer
This was kind of hard because some of you don’t have the number of followers on your blogs so I really don’t know if it is under 200 or not.
Here are my 10 questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your dream vacation destination?
3. If you were stranded on an island and could take any three things and people with you, what and who would they be?
4. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it?
5. If a film adaption of a book comes out, do you read the book or see the movie first?
6. What song(s) are you listening to on repeat right now?
7. How many different countries have you visited?
8. Name your favorite author, favorite musician/music group, favorite book, and favorite movie.
9. If you could meet any celebrity (dead or alive), who would it be?
10. Are you part of any fandoms, and if so, which ones? (ex. Harry Potter, One Direction, Twilight, etc.)
I apologize if you’ve previously been nominated or have already done a Liebster post.But hey, that means several people think you are a great blogger!