The fashion industry is fast paced. The moment one trend is “in”, it is considered dull the very next. Don’t let labels define what looks good on you, what is chic and what is not. You are the master of your own life. Your body is merely a car that you control. Just like you can upgrade your ride with forced induction, a custom paint job, and better brakes, your attire represents you. Be yourself. Help replenish the Earth of it resources. Reuse. Recycle. Be fashionable. YOUR WAY.
Here is my OOTD for the desi wedding I am attending!
Shop my look
Dress: AZ Creations by Zeba Amir
Heels: Shiekh Shoes Womens Mellina in Gold, $35
Lipliner: Revlon ColorStay Lipliner – Pink, $5
Lipstick: ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks – “Bad Habit”, $6
Concealer: Kat Von D Lock-it Concealer – Deep 34, $25
Foundation: Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation- 30 Warm Nude, $12
Setting Powder: Neutrogena SkinClearing mineral powder – 50 Soft Beige, $14
Under eye concealer: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette – 08 Medium, $11
Eyebrow Definer: Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade – Ebony, $18
Mascara: Maybelline Define-A-Lash Waterproof Mascara – Brownish Black, $7
Eyeliner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner- 006 Deep Blue, $5
1. Go on a road trip with your best buddies.
It must have been a while since you last saw them anyways. We all get caught up in our own lives and drift apart. But once you see them again, it’s just like old times. What better way to bond than by being car-bound for six hours? Make sure to call shotgun!
2. Meet your inner artist.
Get away from the world and the problems it brings you. Go to a secluded area to just self-reflect, even if it is your backyard or local lake. Take a breather, ponder about who you are and what you want to be, and put those emotions into writing or art. Go on, write a poem. It helps to be mushy gushy once in a while.
3. Start a new hobby.
You remember that thing you said you would do if you had more time? Well, this is the time to do it. Take flying lessons, learn archery, tennis, or whatever it may be. Some activities are limited by age. It’s hard to go sky diving when you are 70.
4. Try new cuisines.
Food is the path to anyone’s heart. Try something you have never eaten before. Duck, lobster, calamari, shark, rabbit. Thai, Mongolian, Afghani, Indian, Greek. Your youth is the time to go crazy. You have to watch your diet once you are older.
5. Spend time with your family.
It’s true, family has your back no matter what. See how they are doing and update each other about your lives. Play with the new babies in the family, have a barbecue, and maybe even a small (but wild) family party.
6. Make a summer playlist.
Every superhero needs their own theme song. You are a man/woman on a mission: to have the best summer of your life. Compile a playlist of cool songs for when you are chilling at home, driving, and road-tripping. You will feel the LIT-level go up drastically.
7. Visit a theme park or museum.
You don’t have to travel to explore. Start small, within your city. Museums can be fun if you go with other people. Learn something new about the world. What you know can only make you stronger. Check out the amusement parks nearby. Nothing sings water parks more than summer.
8. Get involved with your community.
This vacation isn’t just about you. It’s also about what you can do for others, so try to give back. You will have this warm feeling that no road trip will give you. Start a club for the kids in your community, have a fundraiser, donate to charity. The list is endless.
9. Make awesome memories.
Don’t forget to take a bunch of quality photos wherever you go. It’s not as valuable as the real life memories you make, but it will just have to suffice for the future. Maybe you can make a neat scrapbook to show your kids one day. One think you should never do, is limit your options (make sure it’s legal though). Do something out of the ordinary, weird, spontaneous, and crazy. Ask yourself, “If not now, then when?”
10. Binge watch Netflix.
Having fun can be emotionally and physically draining. Sometimes you just need to be alone, curl up under that fleece blanket, and indulge yourself with a good rom-com (or horror movie). Make that midnight Walmart run to get Cookies n’ Cream ice cream and extra buttery popcorn. Treat yo’self.
The Path Unknown
There was a road I longed to tread, with
Rotten leaves and words unsaid.
Unknown to all where this path leads,
Sanguine I stay, must trust my creed.
This hope shall lead my heart back home.
My joy subdues the more this body roams, but
Enchanted that my curiosity was fed.
Today’s post was inspired by the Daily Prompt: Fork
Dallas-area mom,Candace Payne, just wanted to show her few hundred Facebook friends her new toy. She went into Kohl’s last Thursday, looking for a pair of yoga pants, but somehow reached the toy section and found the adorable growling Chewbacca mask she ended up buying. Unable to contain her enthusiasm, Payne decided to video herself unpacking the toy in her car and broke the internet with her hysterically animated laugh. Her Facebook video went viral overnight, gaining more than 100 million views and hundreds of thousands of new Facebook followers. Payne even broke the record of Buzzfeed’s watermelon video! Currently, the video has more than a shocking 2 billion views. Catch her on Good Morning America as she tells her story and wins several other Star Wars toys. Stay happy and find joy in the little things. They add up, I promise.
A major component of our sustenance, the cure to disease/cause of disease, the main composition of this Earth which we tread with our gentle footsteps that sink as deep as our burdened lives
Keep your feet on the ground. Don’t forget to shoot for the stars. Dream
Someday I will become a known journalist. I believe.
The wind wallows in whisking water across the pond,
embracing its nostalgia for the morning bird’s song.
Today’s post was inspired by The Daily Prompt: Sing
Here I am creating goals for myself and this blog to succeed in the future:
- Blog every day rather than twice a week.
- Post a photo per week in my photography section.
- Increase my blog traffic by 30% per day.
- Gain 20% more followers by next month.
- Start a new weekly fashion and poetry feature.
- Spend an hour twice a week to read and comment on fellow blogger’s posts.
- Make a list of topics you need to cover. Getting it out of your head and putting it on paper helps. You need all the brain space you can get. Spend it on learning the actual material, not remembering what chapters the exam is over.
- Make a schedule for yourself. Give yourself a goal for the day. How many chapters do you want to finish by midnight? Be reasonable about it.
- Sit somewhere with natural lighting. Preferably on the top floor of a library by the window, so you are not tempted to see who is coming in and out of the building.
- Watch a motivational video before you start studying. If you are going to cram, you need 100% focus. P.S. Check out my motivational/inspirational videos posted every Monday.
- Keep all your essentials by your side. Have you pencil,pen, eraser, highlighter, notebook, notes/textbook, a snack, water bottle by your side. You don’t need to be getting up for things all the time. This only distracts.
- Keep your study area clean. An organized study space = an organized mind.
- Take 20 minute breaks every 2 hours of focused studying. Don’t burn yourself out. Just like your body needs time to digest food before you go to bed, your brain needs time to digest the information before you start a new chapter. Take a walk outside to get some fresh air and a bit of sun. It is scientifically proven to make you happier.
- Set up a time for your meals in your schedule. Feed your body. You know you can’t concentrate while your stomach growls at you in frustration.
- Stay hydrated. Sitting cooped up in a room all day studying is no excuse to forget taking care of your health. Your body heats up when you study rigorously for long periods of time. Cool it down with a glass of water.
- If you feel tired, take a 20 minute nap. Short enough to not let you dose off, but long enough to re-energize you till another 2 hours.
- Make midnight your deadline. Finish it off and call it a night at 12. Get at least 6 hours of sleep. It is proven that your mind is more fresh early in the morning after a good night’s sleep. You won’t be able to recollect the material if you haven’t given your brain the night to take in the information.
- Pack your exam essentials before bed. Two of everything. Keep your scantron, #2 pencils, erasers, glasses/contacts, watch, water bottle, photo ID, calculator.
- Eat a good breakfast the morning of. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You don’t want to take an exam while hungry. I have made that mistake before. Not fun. Don’t forget your morning coffee.
- Take a deep breath and relax. YOU GOT THIS.
Watch a cute cat video: