I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer! This summer has kicked off to a great start, with Ramadan already half way through and a looming internship in the big apple. I know it’s been a while since I posted here so I promise I am going to get back into it.
Filming this lookbook took a great deal of work, but boy was it worth it. I really do hope you enjoy it and maybe even end up buying some of the statement pieces. The looks were meant to be as diverse as possible, with different styles and color schemes.
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a safe New Year’s Eve celebration. I know I had to get home before midnight, when drunk driving peaks to an all time high in the year.
For New Year’s Eve I spent the night at a family friend dinner party as I stuffed my mouth with food. We ended up reaching my house at 11 pm, when my best friend came over and we walked around the neighborhood in our PJ’s to watch the fireworks. It’s become a tradition of sorts and I always wear my TMNT fleece onesie. Not only were we on a hunt for the radiant explosions of colors in the murky sky, but we were desperately trying to capture the fireworks on Snapchat and Instagram.
My neighbors were having a New Year’s bash in their backyard with the radio blaring and a parade of fireworks. My friend and I stood in their lawn, phones ready to Snapchat, as we danced and screamed along to the songs like the children we are in our hearts. I am pretty sure the party people heard us but as soon as someone began walking towards the front of the house, we bolted. Crazy, adventurous moments like these make up my highlights of the year. This exhilaration is what I look forward to in 2017.
Here are my New Year resolutions:
- Be more compassionate, generous, and hopeful
- Spend more time with friends and family
- Be more consistent with YouTube, IG, and blog posts
- Hustle Hustle Hustle
- Work out everyday even if it’s just for 10 minutes
- Smile and laugh more
- Go on crazy spontaneous adventures
- Eat healthier and sleep on time
- Submit a short film to SXSW
Highlights of 2016:
- Made amazing friends and memories
- First road trip and weekend getaway
- Smooth transition after transferring colleges
- Started YouTube channel; first 200 subscribers on Jan 1
- My own radio show
- Contributor for Elite Daily, MissMuslim, Society19 and Her Campus
- Support from you all
- Landed an internship for Spring 2017
- Cooked my first 4 course meal with friends
- Arlington and Austin trip with friends
- Toured a news station
- Went to Canada
- Atif Aslam and Sonu Nigam concert
- Crashed into a hotel room with friends
- All A’s in business
- Awards for singing and writing
Downfalls of 2016:
- Car accident
- Rough times in my personal life
- Crazy elections
- Trump is president
- Deaths of famous personalities and community members
- Paris attacks
- Terror in Aleppo and other countries
There might have been several terrible events that happened last year but don’t give up hope! Alhamdulillah (Praise God) for everything. Here is a video that will start off your new year with a laugh.
How was your New Year’s Eve and what were your highlights? Let me know in the comments below. Follow me on Instagram @rafafarihah